Learning English is mandatory for any test. Test like Toeic test (ทดสอบ toeic, which is the term in Thai), IELTS, and GRE are mandatory to travel various countries. English is a universal language, and almost 8 out of 10 people understand and speak English. So, countries like the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and others have made these exams eligible to study there. Every exam paper has its pattern and is evaluated in various ways. Let’s see a few tips to understand the pattern:
Why is reading important? It’s important because to write; one has to read. Reading holds a crucial part in most exams. It’s the way of pronunciation and understanding the subject. Reading is evaluated during a few exams. To exile in reading,
- Practice reading for English for University (ภาษา อังกฤษ ระดับ มหาวิทยาลัย, term in Thai) exams
- Read newspapers and magazines as they use new vocabulary
- Show interest in reading novels as they show the difference between various types of writing
- Reading copywriting samples and hard lines to improve your efficiency in reading
Writing can be tested in various ways. They include essay writing, paragraph writing, copywriting, conversation, letter writing, and resume. Every writing practice has its own rules. For example, the Toeic test might give resume writing, and it has a pattern to follow and vice versa. In conversational writing, the tone of various characters needs to be separate and can be made out easily. To improve writing,
- Read diverse niches of books
- Try writing samples as much as possible to show the difference in your writing
- Take care of your grammar.
- English for University books
- Use tools and resources available on the net to measure your writing and give tips to improve your writing.
Communication skills are skills that represent your engaging quality. The better you communicate, the more you engage. You can improve your communication skills by
- Reading out loudly
- Listening to podcasts and stories that level up your language
- Engaging with new friends and other people
- Practice speaking alone or in front of a mirror to increase your confidence to cope with English for the University
So this is how you can score well in your Toeic test. Keep in mind that these tests check your eligibility but your IQ. Exams don’t decide your value and rather decide your future. Feel like you are talking to a person and giving your best.